Friday, 16 May 2014

Ode to MAC Paintpot in Indianwood

Recently, one of my go to eye products reached its expiry. I realized given how popular this product is, I never got around to doing a review on it. Almost every beauty blog has done its review and as I was about to throw it away, I decided to do a mini write-up on a product I have loved to bits over the last two years. It is ofcourse, my MAC paint pot in Indianwood.



Product name: MAC Paint pot in Indianwood
Quantity: 5g
Price: Rs. 1100 (at the time of purchase)


My take on the product: MAC paint pots, for the uninitiated, are long lasting cream eye-shadows. These work great on their own and also double up as eye-shadow base.


Indianwood is a bronzey-gold color which MAC describes as a frost metallic antique bronze. It is warmer in the pot and translates to a cooler golden on my lids.




I have worn it for upto 6 hours and have never had any problems with creasing with this and when topped with powder eye-shadow, it significantly increases the wear time.



Indianwood is a shade that works beautifully with Indian traditional wear and I have used it extensively in the wedding seasons. Even then, at the time of expiry, there is still such a lot left in the pot that I am trying to figure out other ways of using this product.


I am planning to buy another paint pot soon. I am leaning towards Rubenesque, which is very similar to Indianwood but much warmer. However, considering how little you need for each use, I might pick up a shade more suited to daily wear so that I actually finish it this time.


Which is your favorite shade of MAC paint pots? Which shade would you recommend me to buy? Do you know of other ways I can use my Indianwood paint pot so that I can finish this up?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...